Friday, April 4, 2008

My newest addiction

In the past month or so I have become "reacquainted" with my sewing machine. Well, perhaps reacquainted isn't the right word to use since I have NEVER been able to do anything on my sewing machine, which leads to me getting discouraged and putting it away. I don't know why - but, lately I have had this desire to use it as much as I can! And have had the diligence to stick a project through to the end.
I found a site that I LOVE and find myself checking frequently for ideas and found this super cute pattern for baby shoes. The first pair didn't turn out quite as I imagined, but the second time around, I think I got it...I am still building a relationship with my machine, so, this is a HUGE success for me!
I have also made some burp cloths, a rag quilt and am currently working on the sock/glove animals! Seriously, check out this blogger (Homemade By Jill) - she is amazing!

There are a couple people that need to start having babies so that I can try out her diaper cake! I won't mention any names - but Avery really does need some cousins :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

Hmmmm.....I wonder who you are referring to:)

THe shoes are super cute!

Amy.E said...

Loooooooove the shoes! Great job!

Kim said...

Melanie - you've been 'Mommy Tagged' so get busy! Check out my blog to get the questions to answer. Love the shoes! :)

James and Rebecca said...

Holy Cow you guys are so crafty! From guitars to shoes, you could totally open your own store!