Sunday, July 27, 2008

Utah Lake

You'd think that almost a week on a house boat would be enough for us, especially considering we brought the stomach flu home with us, but it wasn't...Yesterday we spent the day at Utah Lake boating.
Since Angie has moved to Utah, I am learning that a lot of my friends from my singles ward in CA have moved to Utah! Chelsea and her husband Josh live in Provo about a mile from the lake. Josh took us out for the day. I had never been to Utah Lake before, we always drive past it, but never go on it. I have heard some crazy stories about the murky waters...but it was actually quite nice. A little odd - but nice all the same.
Avery is the best sport! She loved it.
So, one of the weird things about Utah Lake - well weird to me anyways, is that the deepest part of the lake is only 9 feet! So, most of the time you can touch bottom.

So, this was the point in the day where Angie felt the need to drive in circles for minuets on end...Did I mention that we had the stomach flu earlier on??



And, yes. I am a victim of peer pressure. I couldn't be the only one that didn't go out on the tube. I am kind of weird about things like this. Not weird, just a wimp. But, they talked me into it and I will admit it was fun.

You can tell that Avery is glad to be home and on solid ground. I think we will try to be homebodies for a while and catch up on real life...

No comments: