Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lake Powell

It's official! Avery is a water baby! We made our way to Lake Powell for our annual trip with Sid's family last week. I was kind of worried about how it would go and had to psyche myself up for it in the days that led up to it - but she did really well. She loved being the center of attention and loved that we got to play in the water so much. This year was unlike any other that I have spent there, but it was also the most fun.
When we got to the house boat the battery was dead so we stayed on the buoy the first night. We all got a little bored, so the boys decided that we were all going to use the raft and paddle onto the house boats that had slides that weren't occupied. The boys were hilarious. Annie was laughing uncontrollable and I was laughing at her until our sides hurt.







When we got the House Boat going we found a pretty cool spot to park. We had it pretty much to ourselves - my only complaint was the fish. For some reason we had some attacking Blue Gills. That's right - I was attacked by a Blue Gill! It was only a little cut on my foot - but enough to draw blood! Ew!!




Avery had a blast hanging out with everyone and I am proud to say - didn't get burnt at all! That was my biggest concern...She fought us on wearing her hat, but eventually gave up. She spent most of her time sleeping on all the life jackets on the boat.



Avery helping Drive the boat. She's so serious.

Avery's First ride on the Tube with Sid.

Brad, Tony and Sid in their suits with their "goggles"...long story...ask Sid.

It was a great trip. Thanks Steve and Naomi!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so jealous! I love Lake Powell. Looks like you guys had a good trip. Avery is adorable! :) Can't wait for our girls weekend!!!